Saturday, January 26, 2013

8bitfix Review - PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (Vita)


So after all my time playing PlayStation All-Stars I finally wrote a review on it. The Vita version, that is. This game is pretty awesome, right up the alley for PS fans but I think anyone who digs the competitive Smash scene will like this game better. Let's face it, if you are trying to play Smash competitively that's basically like bragging about how awesome of a driver you are when all you do is race go karts at Putt-Putt (do they still have Putt-Putts?)

It's a little alarming how I somehow reviewed two fighting games in a row considering I don't consider myself a fighting game kinda guy. This one was easier for me to talk about though considering it isn't an overtly technical fighting game. There is technical-ness to it, but it's all behind the scenes which I like. So I was able to talk more about how this differs from Smash and the overwhelming visual aspect of the game. All in all I feel I did fairly well, though I think everyone who wants this game has it by now. Hopefully it reaches Superbot and they notice some of the constructive negative feedback and use that to create and even better PASBR 2.

Anyways here's a link and a bit from the review: 8bitfix Review: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (PlayStation Vita)
"Since so many characters from different games are thrown together in this all out brawl, it is easy to lose your bearings sometimes. You'll do plenty of double takes seeing Fat Princess next to Big Daddy. Initially it does look awkward but you do get used to it in no time. I'm sure there are others out there who don't share the sentiment but I feel this amalgamation of Sony's diverse video game lineup is part of this game's charm. In fact if I were more of a Sony diehard fan I would probably say something like "the contrast is evident of Sony's diverse software lineup". It's a good thing I'm not a Sony diehard fan eh?" -me

Who does your dentistry?

No comments: